5 days itinerary :
Day 1: Oulad Driss – Oued Naam – 22km
- Cross the Bertan erg, with dunes around 10m.
- Bivouac close to the Naam oued – 5h45 walk
Day 2 : Oued Naam – Oued El Atach – 23km :
- Desert plateau and suddenly the high dunes of the Erg Bougrann.
- Bivouac at the Oued El Atach – 6h30 walk
Day 3 : Oued El Atach – El Bidliya Dunes – 17km :
- Climb the most beautiful dunes, incredible view !
- Bivouac close to the dunes of the Erg Bidliya – 4h30 walk
Day 4 : El Bidliya Dunes – El Rhouâl – 14km :
- Moving on in the heart of the dunes, lunch in the shadow of tamaris.
- Bivouac in the El Rhouâl dunes – 4h walk
Day 5 : El Rhouâl dunes – Sidi Abd en Nebi – 14km :
- Ultimate dunes of the trek to climb…until the Sidi Abd en Nebi village – 3h30 walk
- Total distance : 90 km
- Level : intermediate
- Training : good stamina.
The team :
professional guides of the Imlil guide office
fresh and healthy, elaborated by our cook: complete lunch and diners.
camels (1 for 2 people), water, snacks, first-aid kit
The landscape is made of small and big dunes, sand plateau, oued surrounded by tamarix. Numerous oueds flow from the north, bringing a precious water to some ephemeral pastures.
We can observe acacia trees, tamarix with pink flowers, or the Jericho rose or the « resurection plant » which rolls from the small stone regs.
If you are lucky, you might encounter a fennec, golden jackal, the Barbary hyena or the small dorcas gazelle. Indeed, a shy personality, and for some, theaten of extinction, the desert mammals are difficult to observe.