3 days itinerary (4 days option, more relax) :
Day 1: Imlil 1700m – Lépiney shelter 3000m :
- Suprise on the way : The Irhoulidene falls !
- Night in the Lépiney shelter – 5h45 walk
Day 2 : Lépiney sehlter – Nelter shelter 3210m :
- Tizi Aguelzim (3547m) ascent, superb landscape and the Ras n’Ouanoukrim pyramid (4083m).
- Night at the Nelter shelter – 4h walk
Day 3 : Ascent the Mount Toubkal 4167m :
- Early departure from the shelter (5am) for a progressive ascent (3h) to the roof of Morocco: incredible view on the Atlas summit.
- Back to the Nelter shelter : Lunch
- Back down to Imlil (2-3h) ; back to Marrakech
4 days option :
Day 3 : Ascent of the Mt Toubkal – Night at the shelter Day 4 : back to Imlil – Marrakech
- Positive elevation : 2 500m
- Level : Advanced
- Training : acclimatization and previous physical training in altitude are recommended
The team :
professional guides from the Imlil guide office
fresh and healthy, elaborated by our cook, complete lunch «pic-nic» ; and diner at the hostel.
The team :
Mules (1 for 2 people), walking sticks, water, snacks, first-aid kit
The impressive Toubkal massif, goingup to 3000m of altitude, essentially formed of granite and lava giving it an initimidating and breathtacking look. The surrounding flora is mainly constituted of juniper forests. At the outskirts of the Lepiney shelter, this trek offers an incredible set during spring when the Spergularia (5 white petals flower) and the Alyssons (pink flower) blossoms.