2 days itinerary (3 days option, more relax):
Day 1: reach the shelter !
- Marrakech – Imlil 1700m (1h30 road)
- Imlil – Sidi Chamarouch 2310m : Lunch
- Sidi Chamarouch – Nelter Shelter 3207m : Dinner and night – 5h walk
Day 2 : The Ascent
- Early departure (5am) from the shelter for a progressive ascent (3h) to the top of the Toubkal at 4167m : incredible view on the Atlas summit.
- Head back to the Nelter shelter : Lunch
- Back down to Imlil (2-3h) ; back to Marrakech.
3 Days option :
Day 2 : Ascent of the Toubkal summit and relaxing afternoon, short walks available. Night at the Nelter shelter Day 3 : Back down to Imlil and then to Marrakech
- Positive elevation : 2 500m
- Level : intermediate
- Training :a cclimatization and previous physical training in altitude are recommended.
The team :
Professional guides from the Imlil guide office
fresh and healthy, prepared by our cook: complete lunch «pic-nic»; and diner at the hostel.
mules (1 for 2 people), walking sticks, water, snacks, first-aid kit
the Toubkal massif is formed of granite and lava, giving it an impressive and intimidating look. Along the hike you will encounter numerous walnut trees, junipers, Alpine chough, alyssons (small pink flower), a wide range of flowers and particular species of trees that grows only at 2000m of altitude. Perhaps, you will be luck to see a mouflon or numerous birds such a golden eagles, bearded vultures, griffon vultures or the rare bullfinch.